SFSU hosts 36th Annual California State University Student Research Competition April 29-30, 2022
San Francisco State University will be hosting the 36th Annual California State University Student Research Competition virtually April 29-30, 2022. The competition is an annual event that brings together student scholars from the 23 campuses of our California State University system. The competition showcases undergraduate and graduate research, scholarship, and creative works by recognizing outstanding student accomplishments.
The students selected to represent SF State at this year’s competition include:
- Jenika McClay: “Effects of Green Roof Damping on Structural Seismic Response”
- Jonathan Pressley: “Applications Of Tree Ring Anatomy in Paleotemperature Reconstructions in California”
- Isao Hardy: “El Coraje Del Pueblo: Hybrid Corrections of History”
- Wesley Mariscal: “Climate Interference in Islamic Egypt”
- Jane Clare Vosteen and Kristen Corsaro: “A Comparison of Hip Strengthening Protocols and Pelvic Floor Muscle Training for Improving Pelvic Floor Muscle Strength and Pelvic Floor Dysfunction: Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis”
- Alexander Whittlesey: “Do You Live Here?”
- Zainab Rizik and Nicole Bañuelos: “Determining the Synthetic Lethality of Cancer Related Mutations with Methyl and Ethyl Paraben in Drosophila melanogaster”
- Bryce Naker: “Stacking Order Dependent Magneto-Phonon Resonance in Multilayer Graphene”
- Kendra Pearson: “Storytelling and Paradox in Tayeb Salih's Season of Migration to the North”
- Ashley Omwanghe and Monica Nolte: “Factors that promote higher percentages of underrepresented minority students in entry-level physical therapy programs: a systematic review and meta-analysis”
The competition organizing committee would like to invite SF State students, faculty, staff and community members to attend the competition and join us in the celebration of the exceptional work conducted by our students. Please register HERE by Wednesday, April 27 to receive the schedule and Zoom links for the competition.