SF State Research, Scholarship and Creative Activities Fund Competition 2023–24
· Submission Deadline: Tuesday, Oct. 10, 2023, at 9 a.m.
· Anticipated Announcement of Awards: December 2023
· Anticipated Start Date for Awards: January 2024
The SF State Research, Scholarship and Creative Activities Fund supports the creation of new or ongoing research projects and scholarly activities (including creative works and community-engaged activities) that encourage application to externally funded opportunities and/or bring external recognition to the principal investigator and the University.
Two separate funding opportunities are available:
• Faculty creating new projects, scholarship activities, or creativity directions are encouraged to apply for a Development of Research and Creativity (DRC) Grant, funded by the CSU Chancellor’s Office. All faculty are eligible to apply, including full-time tenured and tenure-track faculty and lecturers.
• Faculty engaged in continuing work (e.g., preparing a scholarly manuscript for publication, completing creative work, conducting data analysis) or other scholarly work (e.g., pilot data) leading to external funding proposals are encouraged to apply for an Office of Research and Sponsored Programs (ORSP) Small Grant. Only full-time tenured and tenure-track faculty, or faculty with existing status as an eligible PI as of Sept. 1, 2023, are eligible to apply.
Consult the Decision Tree document within the online submission platform linked below to ascertain which funding opportunity (DRC Grant or ORSP Small Grant) best fits the proposed activities. Note: An application can be submitted for only one opportunity.
Grant Amount Up to $14,000 maximum for an individual investigator proposal; up to $21,000 maximum for a collaborative proposal involving two or more faculty. All faculty must be SF State employees.
Thien Lam, Grant Development Specialist, email@example.com