NSF HSI National STEM Resource Hub: Semillas Mentored Grantsmanship Program Accepting Applications for 2022 Cohort
NSF HSI National STEM Resource Hub is pleased to announce a call for applications for the 2022 Semillas Mentored Grantsmanship Program that strategically supports project leaders who need time to develop a research project, build partnerships, and write the proposal for the NSF HSI Program. Semillas will support Hispanic Serving Institutions' efforts to enhance the quality of undergraduate STEM education at HSls and to increase the retention and graduation rates of students pursuing an associate or baccalaureate degrees in STEM. In addition, the Semillas Mentored Grantsmanship Program seeks to build capacity at HSIs that typically do not receive high levels of NSF grant funding. Semillas participants will prepare proposals for one of two tracks in the NSF HSI Initiative Solicitation (20-599):
Track 1 (Planning or Pilot Projects (PPP)), is open to all eligible institutions. This track seeks to enhance undergraduate STEM education and build capacity at less-resourced institutions and to increase these institutions' ability to compete for NSF funding from other programs.
Track 2 (Implementation and Evaluation Projects (IEP)), is open to all eligible institutions. This track supports the implementation of evidence-based unit-, department-, or multi-department-level activities that will enhance the quality of undergraduate STEM education. All HSI institution types are encouraged to apply, especially PUls (including community colleges).
- To apply for the Grantsmanship program, submit a proposal by 5:00 pm Alaska time on November 5, 2021, at: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/nsihub-semillas3
- Applicants who are accepted will participate in the mentored grantsmanship training experience and are eligible to apply for an individual Semillas Professional DevelopmentGrant (max $5000).
- Applicants will be notified of the status of their application by December 5, 2021.
- Successful applicants will apply and participate in the January 2022 JumpStart Two Day Virtual Workshop to be held on January gth and 15th 2022.
- Number of Anticipated Awards: 10