ORSP administers grants and contracts on behalf of the University for Principal Investigators (PIs) acting independently, collaboratively (working with colleagues at SF State or at other universities), or as part of a Center or Institute initiative (Research & Service Organization, RSO).
The Office of Research & Sponsored Programs serves the SF State Community to help create a campus environment that is conducive to the research enterprise in the broadest sense. The office provides leadership, information, direction and technical assistance to faculty engaged in externally funded research, instruction, community service and other scholarly activity. In accomplishing this mission, ORSP ensures accountability, compliance and stewardship for sponsored programs as directed by the values of the office and by all applicable Federal, State, and University policies, procedures and regulations.
ORSP supports the success of researchers by:
- Aiding in the development and management of programs, from concept through service, delivery, and publication
- Creating intellectually rewarding collaborations among faculty, research partners and students in order to encourage interdisciplinary research
- Fostering strategic alliances with community partners and external funding agencies
- Supporting the development of new models that integrate research and teaching in meaningful ways
- Enhancing the competitiveness of researchers by expanding the grantsmanship and research skills of faculty and staff
- Developing new, and supporting existing, dedicated research centers
- Providing a full range of administrative services including proposal preparation and submission, post award management, and a regulatory compliance program