2022-23 SF State Research, Scholarly and Creative Activity (RSCA) Fund Competition
· Submission Deadline: Monday, October 10th, 2022 at 9:00 AM (no exceptions)
· Anticipated Announcement of Funded Proposals: December 2022
· Earliest Anticipated Start Date(s) for awards: January 2023
The SF State Research and Scholarly Activity Fund aims to support the creation of new or ongoing research projects and scholarly activities (including creative works and community-engaged activities) that encourage application to externally funded opportunities and/or bring external recognition to the PI and university.
Two separate grant opportunities are available within this single announcement.
• Faculty who are creating new projects, new scholarship activities, or new creativity directions are encouraged to apply for a Development of Research and Creativity (DRC) Grants, funded by the CSU Chancellor’s Office. This competition is open to both T/TT and lecturer faculty.
• Faculty who are engaged in continuing work (e.g., preparing a scholarly manuscript for publication, completing creative work, conducting data analysis), or other scholarly work (e.g. pilot data) leading to external funding proposals, are encouraged to apply for an ORSP Small Grant. This competition is only open to T/TT faculty and lecturer faculty with PI status.
Please see the decision tree to ascertain which funding opportunity (DRC or ORSP Small Grant) best fits your proposed activities. Note: You may only apply to one of the opportunities not both. Individual projects involving 1 faculty member may request up to $14,000. Collaborative projects involving 2+ faculty members may request up to $20,000. All faculty must be SFSU employees.
Grant size: Individual projects involving 1 faculty member may request up to $14,000 Collaborative projects involving 2+ faculty members may request up to $20,000
Contact Information: firstname.lastname@example.org