Route to Successful Grant Submissions
- 3-5 months before the agency deadline: RECOMMENDED: Submit your PI Checklist early. Review funding announcement, begin proposal preparation, contact funder for clarifications, develop timelines with collaborators, review any issues with your Chair or Dean (cost-sharing requirements, IDC below negotiated rates), and request statistical and design support.
- 4 weeks before the agency deadline: RECOMMENDED: If you haven't already done so, please submit your PI Checklist. Once ORSP receives your PI Checklist, your assigned Grant Administrator (GA) will reply to provide their contact information and request a proposal appointment. If interested contact Jessica Mankus in ORSP for assistance with grant editing, external pre-review of a federal proposal (draft okay, approximately two week turnaround), or assistance with institutional language/statistics or data sharing methods.
- 2-3 weeks before the agency deadline: Work with your GA on your budget and budget justification and your other proposal documents.
- 7 business days before the agency deadline: MANDATORY: Submit to your GA the final copy of your budget and budget justification, and draft narrative for internal review and approval by the AVP, Finance and your Dean.
- 5-6 business days before the agency deadline: The AVP of Finance and the Dean respond to the internal routing request with questions and/or approvals.
3-4 business days before the agency deadline: GA and/or PI respond to AVP of Finance and the Dean questions and/or comments. GA & PI finalize the proposal
- 2 business days before the agency deadline: MANDATORY: ORSP will submit your proposal to ensure error-free electronic submission.
Please note that ORSP cannot guarantee that late proposals will be reviewed, approved and/or submitted before the agency deadline.