Petty Cash Reimbursements
Use the Petty Cash Reimbursement Request form for reimbursements of $50 or less (exclusive of sales tax) and submit to ORSP for review/approval by the GA for your project. The following must be submitted along with the Petty Cash Reimbursement form:
- Original receipt(s) including date of purchase and vendor name; if the vendor name is not printed on the receipt, the vendor must provide their phone number and signature on the receipt
- PI's signature on the receipt
- If the Requestor will have someone else pick up the reimbursement money, a memo from the Requestor is needed
- An explanation justifying the relevance of each item purchased to the project
Once the request has been approved by ORSP, the GA will contact the payee to pick up the approved form and the payee will submit the claim to the Bursar's Office. Check the Bursar's Office website for location, hours of operation and contact numbers.
- For hospitality-related Petty Cash requests under $50, a Request for Payment/Reimbursement of Hospitality Expenses form must be attached to the petty cash request form before submitting to ORSP. Once the request has been approved by both ORSP Hospitality, the payee will be contacted to pick up the approved form and can then submit the claim to the Bursar's Office.
- The person approving the Petty Cash Reimbursement Request form cannot also be the requestor.