The primary objective of the SFSU Compliance Program is to provide information, training, and internal controls that are needed to meet the laws, rules, and policies governing sponsored research at SF State. The Compliance Committee, chaired by the Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs, oversees the Compliance Program. The Compliance Team manages the daily operation of the sponsored research Compliance Program. The Compliance Team's chief responsibility is to monitor internal controls to ensure compliance with all the applicable federal laws and regulations that regulate sponsored research funding.
Please contact Jenny Chau, Compliance Officer (415-338-862, email@example.com) if you have any questions about the SFSU Compliance Program. The following areas represent the subcategories of SF State's Compliance Program:
- Human and Animal Protections (HAP)
- OMB Circular A-21, “Cost Principles for Educational Institutions” (5/10/2004) (HTML)
- OMB Circular A-110, “Uniform Administrative Requirements for Grants and Agreements with Higher Education, Hospitals and Other Non-Profit Organizations” (as amended 9/30/99) (HTML)
- OMB Circular A-133, “Audits of States, Local Governments, and Non-Profit Organizations” (revised 6/27/2003) (PDF) (33 pages, 127 kb)
- Integrated California State University Administrative Manual (ICSUAM) - Sponsored Projects Administration
- CSU Single Audit Report