The next MBRS SCORE proposal submission deadline to the NIH is January 25, 2019.
The SCORE program is a developmental program designed to increase the research competitiveness of faculty and the research base at institutions with an explicitly stated historical mission and/or a demonstrated historical track record of training and graduating students from backgrounds underrepresented in biomedical research.
There are three award mechanisms:
- SC1 - Research Advancement Award is for investigators who have a track record of research activity and are seeking to enhance their research productivity to transition to non-SCORE support in a limited period of time (see https://grants.nih.gov/grants/guide/pa-files/PAR-16-439.html).
- SC2 – Pilot Project Award is for investigators who are at the beginning stages of a research career, applying for their first independent award, and who are interested in testing a new idea, or generating preliminary data (see https://grants.nih.gov/grants/guide/pa-files/PAR-16-438.html).
- SC3 – Research Continuance Award is for those investigators who have been engaged in scholarly research and published, and who seek to continue to conduct competitive research of limited scope to increase their publication records and eventually transition to non-SCORE support (see https://grants.nih.gov/grants/guide/pa-files/PAR-16-437.html).
Application Materials - please include the following:
- Specific Aims page (limited to one page)
- Information on your ability to successfully compete for SCORE funding and your committment to training students nationally underrepresented in biomedical and behavioral research (limited to one page)
- Biosketch - NIH format required (https://grants.nih.gov/grants/forms/biosketch.htm).
- See Pre-Proposal document for further guidelines!
- To AVP, ORSP & Associate Dean off COSE for review and approval: October 22, 2018, 9:00AM
- AVP, ORSP & Associate Dean off COSE decision: October 29, 2018
- If accepted, ORSP 7-business day deadline for internal approvals: January 16, 2019
- Full Proposal: January 25, 2019
Since San Francisco State University can submit only a limited number of proposals, we have a pre-proposal procedure in place to decide which proposals can go forward. If you like to submit a proposal to any of the MBRS SCORE mechanisms – SC1, SC2, or SC3 – for the January 25, 2019 deadline, you must submit a pre-proposal to both Michael Scott (email@example.com) and Uschi Simonis (firstname.lastname@example.org) the latest by 9 am on October 22nd, 2018 for evaluation by the SCORE Executive Committee. Please refer to the attachment for additional information on the requirements for the pre-proposal. There are slots available for the upcoming submission deadline.
Please contact Uschi Simonis if you have any question regarding the MBRS SCORE pre-proposals or this funding mechanism (email@example.com, 415-338-1656, TH 111A).
Looking forward to receiving your pre-proposals.
Michael and Uschi