- Submission Deadline: Wednesday, March 28, 2018 at 5:00 PM (no exceptions)
- Anticipated Announcement of Funded Proposals: June, 2018
- Earliest Anticipated Start Date(s) for awards: July 1, 2018
The SF State Research and Scholarly Activity Fund aims to support the creation of new or ongoing research projects and scholarly activities (including creative works and community-engaged activities) that encourage application to externally funded opportunities and/or bring external recognition to the PI and university.
Two separate grant opportunities are available within this single announcement.
• Faculty who are creating new projects, new scholarship activities, or new creativity directions are encouraged to apply for a Development of Research and Creativity (DRC) Grants, funded by the CSU Chancellor’s Office.
• Faculty who are engaged in continuing work (e.g., preparing a scholarly manuscript for publication, completing creative work, conducting data analysis), or other scholarly work (e.g. pilot data) leading to external funding proposals, are encouraged to apply for an ORSP Small Grant.
Please see the decision tree to ascertain which funding opportunity (DRC or ORSP Small Grant) best fits your proposed activities. Note: You may only apply to one of the opportunities not both.
Individual projects involving 1 faculty members may request up to $10,000
Collaborative projects involving 2+ faculty members may request up to $15,000
Jessica Mankus, PhD
Grant Development Specialist