More information: https://sfsu.infoready4.com/#manageCompetitionsDetail/1781092
- Submission Deadline: Friday, March 01, 2019 at 5:00 PM (no exceptions)
- Anticipated Announcement of Funded Proposals: Summer 2019
- Earliest Anticipated Start Date(s) for awards: July 2019
The SF State Research and Scholarly Activity Fund aims to support the creation of new or ongoing research projects and scholarly activities (including creative works and community-engaged activities) that encourage application to externally funded opportunities and/or bring external recognition to the PI and university.
Two separate grant opportunities are available within this single announcement.
• Faculty who are creating new projects, new scholarship activities, or new creativity directions are encouraged to apply for a Development of Research and Creativity (DRC) Grants, funded by the CSU Chancellor’s Office.
• Faculty who are engaged in continuing work (e.g., preparing a scholarly manuscript for publication, completing creative work, conducting data analysis), or other scholarly work (e.g. pilot data) leading to external funding proposals, are encouraged to apply for an ORSP Small Grant.
Please see the decision tree to ascertain which funding opportunity (DRC or ORSP Small Grant) best fits your proposed activities. Note: You may only apply to one of the opportunities not both.
Individual projects involving 1 faculty members may request up to $10,000
Collaborative projects involving 2+ faculty members may request up to $15,000
For DRC Awards: All faculty are eligible to apply, including full-time tenured and tenure-track faculty, and lecturers.
For ORSP Small Grant: Only full-time tenured and tenure-track faculty, or those faculty with existing status as an eligible PI, as of January 1, 2019, are eligible to apply for ORSP funding.
For both grant programs: Early to mid-career faculty are especially encouraged to submit applications. Faculty on sabbatical leave during the application or award period may apply. Faculty participating in the early retirement program (FERP) are not eligible for this grant program.
Other Special Eligibility Criteria
For this funding opportunity, Deans are not eligible to be considered as applicant PIs. They may, however, be included as core members of Collaborative Groups. Official RSOs at SF State are not eligible to apply for Collaborative Grant awards. However, individual members of Institutes/Centers are eligible to apply for Individual Investigator awards. Faculty with an active ORSP Small Grant are ineligible to apply for additional funding from ORSP.
Proposals solely related to course development, training programs, or direct services without a research emphasis are not eligible for funding from ORSP.
Jessica Mankus, PhD
Grant Development Specialist