Route to Successful Grant Submissions
- 3-5 months before the agency deadline: RECOMMENDED: Submit your PI Checklist early. Review funding announcement, begin proposal preparation, contact funder for clarifications, develop timelines with collaborators, review any issues with your Chair or Dean (cost-sharing requirements, IDC below negotiated rates), and request statistical and design support.
- 5 weeks before the agency deadline: If you haven't already done so, please submit your PI Checklist. Once ORSP receives your PI Checklist, your assigned Grant Administrator (GA) will reply by the end of the next business day to provide their contact information and request a proposal appointment. Let your GA know if you would like to request ORSP internal grant editing, or assistance with institutional language/statistics or data sharing methods. Please note: this service is subject to availability and it is not guaranteed that an editor will be able to review your proposal draft.
- 4 weeks before the agency deadline: Take advantage of the no-cost external pre-review of federal proposals (draft ok) if desired, or if required by College. Two-week turnaround.
- 2-3 weeks before the agency deadline: Work with your GA on your budget and budget justification and your other proposal documents. If request has been approved, send a draft proposal to ORSP grant editor if desired (highly recommended for proposals needing institutional language and statistics, and required data sharing methods).
- 7 business days before the agency deadline: MANDATORY: Submit to your GA the final copy of your budget and budget justification, and draft narrative for internal review and approval by the AVP, Finance and your Dean.
- 5-6 business days before the agency deadline: The AVP of Finance and the Dean respond to the internal routing request with questions and/or approvals.
3-4 business days before the agency deadline: GA and/or PI respond to AVP of Finance and the Dean questions and/or comments. GA & PI finalize the proposal
- 2 business days before the agency deadline: MANDATORY: ORSP will submit your proposal to ensure error-free electronic submission.
Please note that ORSP cannot guarantee that late proposals will be reviewed, approved and/or submitted before the agency deadline.